Roman Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, July 12, 2009

No bake cookies


No bake cookies
1/2C peanut butter
3 tsp cocoa
2 C sugar
1/2 C butter
1/2 C milk

2 C or 3C of oats
1 tsp vanilla

Stir all ingredients except the oats and vanilla into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook till bubbly. Only a few minutes - keep an eye on it. Take off burner and stir in oats and vanilla. Line pan with wax paper to make drop cookies or line whole pan with foil and make one big pan to cut into bars later. I topped part of mine with dried cranberries and part with chocolate chips and left the last part topless. Let sit overnight then cut.

The recipe I found on my cousin in laws blog had called for 3 cups of oats but I only had 2. This is her blog http://deannasstuff.blogspot.com/ and she posted on July 10th. I looked at a few other recipes too and decided the world would not end without that last cup. I have a feeling they might end up falling apart easier but we will see. So after being in the fridge for an hour they were still too soft. SO I put them in the freezer to cut some of them and then I left them out on the counter overnight and they were so much better. So in the end I suggest leaving them alone overnight before you cut them.

No comments: