Two months from today is my due date. Oh my Gosh. Ok so I have read a few of my friends blogs who have babies and a few blogs of people who I dont know.. and I have learned some things about birth and the first few weeks that NO ONE TALKS about. I wanted to see if any of you out there had more things to say about this. So in no order whatsoever.. here is my list.
1. The possibility of peeing when you start to push. Ok Heard about the poo.. but never even thought about peeing!~?
2. Mucus Plug. I have a friend who had no idea this was even coming and it was a shock when it did before her birth.
3. Uterus contractions. I just learned about this recently and maybe everyone knew about it before but me. And I guess it happens faster when you breastfeed. Does that mean it hurts more?!
4. A month of bleeding. I had no idea that you would be bleeding heavy for the first week or so like a period then that would be followed by annoying spotting daily.
5. Having to "dress" your wound every single time you go to the restroom. With the pad and sprays and tucks pads or whatever it is you have to do.
6. You cant drive for 6 weeks?! What the crap.. is this only for that one person? Someone tell me its not true.
7. Did you moms really feel very alone at first? Even if you had family/friends and Dad around?
8. Breastfeeding is not easy. I didn't know how hard it could be to breastfeed. I didn't know you are supposed to take classes BEFORE you even have the baby!? Or that your nipples will hurt so bad you will cry and not want to feed.
9. How hard is it really to take that first #2? Did you all drink lots of prune juice? I heard that pouring water on yourself at the same time you first pee also helps that to not sting so bad.
10. Did anyone have their partner pass out? I am only slightly worried about this since I don't want him to go past my waist - for many reasons, not just that I don't want him to pass out.
11. Postpartum is normal right? How can it not be? I think there are varying levels but how can you not feel a little crazy? Your life just CHANGE FOREVER and now you have to take care of and nurture another living human.
12. Babies poo is black the first time. They should pass it in the first few days, BUT it can take up to a week for some? I am very not normal when it comes to poo so that doesn't really shock me that much.
13. Do people really give you all the advice in the world? I heard that people would want to touch my belly all the time but I hardly have. I actually don't mind it at all. I think its a miracle that I can carry a baby inside me and I feel very lucky that I have made it this far with no complications. I am not sure how I will feel about everyone touching the baby. I can see why any new mom would not be ok with that.
14. Fear of C-sections. Of the emergency kind. I know way too many people who have had C-sections. Is that normal? Please list how many people you know who had one (emergency or not). I want my baby out the best way possible, and if that's a c-section fine. I am scared by the recovery time maybe the most and the fact you have to do it again unless you wait long enough for the scar to heal.. I don't know what that time is.
SIDE NOTE.. what do I really need in the delivery room? Music, snacks, socks, my favorite pillow? What do you really think I need.