adapted from this website. I have made another pumpkin one before and it is SOOO GOOD! We topped both with whip cream and agave/maple syrup. I have yet to make the crust on either. I dont think it needs it, but I am sure it would only be that much better. I do like the cubes of bread in this one.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- squirt of Agave nectar
- 1 tbl ground cinnamon
- 5 cups cubed crusty bread (I didn't measure.. it was just the rest of the loaf I think it was over 5 though)
- In a bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, yolk, salt, agave, and cinnamon.
- Add the bread cubes to the dish you will be using.
- Pour milk mixture on top
- Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate
- Take out of fridge and let come to room temp while oven heats up
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Bake until custard is set 25 to 35 minutes, depending on bread
- I topped mine with some cinnamon and sugar before I put it in the oven. I had to mix around my bread crumbs in the mixture before I went to bed. I had so many they didn't all get soaked. When I put it in the top layer became pretty crusty, but it was still good.