Roman Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, January 31, 2011

Green day

With Roman asleep for his new trend of taking a morning 2 hour nap I find myself in the kitchen making flatbread. It is pretty good and pretty easy too.
Preheat the oven to 450 F and place the pan in the oven
Its just:
1 3/4 unbleached all pourpose flour
1 tablespoon rosemary
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup olive oil
(I added some onion powder and some sesame seeds too)

Mix the dry stuff make a well then mix the oil and water in with a wooden spoon. Hand knead 3-4 times. I divided to make 6 small balls. I rolled them out with both a rolling pin then I switched to my hand to flatten it out. I put some sea salt on top with some sprinkles, rosemary, and sesame seeds and even onion powder on some THEN top with olive oil and I pressed it all in with my fingers. Pop in the oven for 8 to 9 minutes. Keep an eye on it till it starts to get golden on the edges.

I used waxed paper to flatten my bread, but didnt put it in the oven as I didn't have parchment paper just wax which smokes. Not that I have done that before.
SOURCE

Why a greenday? I was saving some green using the inexpensive things I had on hand. We ate all the rosemarry crackers I got at the store so now we get to try these. I think they are pretty good. I liked the ones that are not too thin, they are a cross between a cracker and bread. Not as crunchy as cracker but still good.


ALSO I realized I had not posted anything about going green in a while. SO here is my tip today. Pay all your bills online. I read this post today that reminded me how this idea is good in so many ways. Saves on the postage and might save you from possible mail thieves who want your credit identity!

No comments: