Roman Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, May 22, 2010

6 Months Old!

Not the best.. but the most recent photo taken the 13th - him and his new Sophie.
I am going to admit that I am overwhelmed by my collection of photographs of him right now.

I am a little late with this post (and others) I have been working on a post with all that we have done in the past 2 months since I last posted. Today he had his 6 month check up. He is a very healthy boy and had 5 immunizations. He had 4 shoots and one oral vaccine I believe. Tony was there and got to hold him down while I leaned over him trying not to cry. There was only one nurse so she had to do them all different times while he screamed and his little face crinkled up and turned red. He stopped soon after, we had already been having a bad day, so that just didn't help him. He was happy by the time we left and then we went to go see my mom and she played with him in the pool. She just dangled his feet in the water and somehow he ended up naked and in to the chest. He loved splashing and being moved around in the COLD water. I think he was having too much fun to notice the cold.

Stats:
17 lbs and 5 oz/17.31 lbs- 45 %
27.25 in - 75%
17 inch head - 25%

He has stopped growing like he was! He is wearing clothes anywhere from 3 to 9 months with the 3 - 6 fitting tight if head to toe, but he can wear tops and pants ok. The only problem with long sleeves is they are 3/4 length on his arms and pants a a little loose in the waist and a tiny bit short. So the 9 month things fit the best, but I can get away with shorts and short sleeves if smaller size. I have yet to put him in shoes, so I really don't know what size he wears of those, just that he outgrew all the baby ones he had before we left Germany. Not one pair fit him and I feel bad since I hardly put them on him anyways since he was always in footy PJs to keep out the cold.

Just for fun I looked back at what he was. He started out in the 90th %s on length and weight and slowly went down and he is starting maintain a slower growth rate. I believe this is normal for a breastfed baby - according to what I have read. I think his head has always been on the lower side of the scale.

Birth - 21.25 in long and 8.18 lbs
Take home - 21.25? in long and 7.6 lbs
2 weeks - 21.25? in long and 8.76 lbs
2 month - 24.5 in long and 14.2 lbs
4 month - just above 26 in long and 16.7 lbs

? = I didn't record that data so I am guessing its the same.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I know you love photos, photography, etc. I'm sure you scrap book. I read that you're feeling overwhelmed with your photos and I'm sure the majority are digital. Anyway, I used to be a consultant for Creative Memories and they've come out with photo albums that use your digital photos and then they will make a book of them and send it to you. Let me know if you want more info. micsvw@yahoo.com

Erin said...

Thanks so much Crystal! I started her at about 7 1/2 months giving her some finger foods. At first she didn't really know what to do with them so almost everything ended up on the floor. These days she gets fed up with me if I try to give her pureed food! We started with quaker rice cakes, the plain ones with no salt since you can break off a big piece an they just sort of dissolve in the mouth. Then we moved on to some of the Happybellies apple puffs and from there we went on to bananas and cheese and other soft foods. I have also started steaming the veggies and instead of pureeing them just cutting them up into little pieces. Self feeding sure is a mess! Good thing we have dogs to clean up after her! How is Mr. Roman?