Roman Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Upset baby new recipe.

This morning I made an overnight french toast with some left over cranberry walnut bread using the following recipe. Roman was just throwing a fit because he ate his breakfast first while it was in the oven, then I shared some with him but when it was gone he was VERY upset. Stomping his feet and pouting and yelling about it. It was pretty funny. I guess he likes this one too.

adapted from this website. I have made another pumpkin one before and it is SOOO GOOD! We topped both with whip cream and agave/maple syrup. I have yet to make the crust on either. I dont think it needs it, but I am sure it would only be that much better. I do like the cubes of bread in this one.

Ingredients

  • 1 cup whole milk
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • squirt of Agave nectar
  • 1 tbl ground cinnamon
  • 5 cups cubed crusty bread (I didn't measure.. it was just the rest of the loaf I think it was over 5 though)

Directions

Night before

  • In a bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, yolk, salt, agave, and cinnamon.
  • Add the bread cubes to the dish you will be using.
  • Pour milk mixture on top
  • Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate

Next morning

  • Take out of fridge and let come to room temp while oven heats up
  • Preheat oven to 350ºF
  • Bake until custard is set 25 to 35 minutes, depending on bread
  • I topped mine with some cinnamon and sugar before I put it in the oven. I had to mix around my bread crumbs in the mixture before I went to bed. I had so many they didn't all get soaked. When I put it in the top layer became pretty crusty, but it was still good.

No comments: