Roman Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, January 10, 2011

Homemade "clif" bars

I made some clif like peanut butter bars today. I have a ton of peanut butter and oats to use up. I altered this one up a little too because I cant follow it to the T. I will be making them again because I found some rice cereal to use.


I found the recipe here. I like that its no bake, but you do have to use the stove a little tiny bit.

1 cup Uncooked quick oats {I used old fashioned and did almost 2 cups to make up for lack of rice cereal}
1 1/4 cups Rice Krispies {I did not use them - I used 1/2 cup of corn flakes and crushed them in my hand to mkae them smaller}
1/4 cup Finely chopped roasted peanuts
3 Tbl Flaxseed meal (ground flaxseed) {I ground my own flaxseed - I dont think it was as fine}
1/4 cup Finely chopped dried dates {I used prunes}
1/4 cup Honey
Dark brown sugar {Used normal plus half splenda brown sugar}
1 tsp Vanilla
1/3 cup Peanut butter {I used crunchy}
1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon

grease an 8-inch square pan

1.) Combine oats, Rice Krispies, peanuts, flaxseed meal and dried dates in a large mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly.

2.) Heat ¼ cup of honey with 2 tbsp. dark brown sugar over medium-high heat in a small saucepan, stirring constantly, until the mixture begins to boil. Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in 1 tsp. of vanilla, 1/3 cup of peanut butter and ½ tsp. of ground cinnamon. Blend well.

3.) Pour the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients, stirring well to coat everything thoroughly. {I used my hands at the end made sure to butter the pan ahead so you can just press it in} Firmly press the Cliff bar batter into the pan and cool it to room temperature on a wire rack

4.) Cut into 12 bars, and tightly wrap them individually in plastic wrap. Store the bars in the refrigerator. {I made 8 bars. I didn't wait till it cooled all the way and I pressed them together with my hand more in a mini zip lock.}


They are so good! I LOVE THEM> I am going to make more and double the recipe so I can use up all this peanut butter and cereal. I wonder if they will freeze?!

No comments: